Many people are very particular about having white teeth. When you meet someone the first thing they notice is your teeth. Having white teeth builds your confidence and gives a smart look when you smile. There are many types of teeth whitening products in the market like toothpaste, strips, creams and other devices. The first question you should ask yourself is: "How much can I afford?" If you're like most people in this economy, and are looking to keep your expenses low, then at-home whitening kits are the best option for you. While whitening strips are known to brighten your teeth a little bit, trays are by far the best way to go.
1. Sea salt is used quite effectively by itself or in combination with baking soda as one of the more popular at home tooth whitening methods. Table salt does not work as well as sea salt because it is generally finer grained. Contrary to what a user might assume, the rougher grained sea salt is not overly abrasive to teeth nor harmful. Not only is this solution good for whitening teeth, but also for killing bacteria that can compromise gum health.
2. Strawberries and orange peel can also be used for tooth whitening. You just have to mash the strawberries and rub them on your teeth. You can also do the same thing to the orange peel. Just keep in mind to leave these fruits on your teeth for at least 20 minutes and you may proceed with rinsing and brushing of your teeth.
3. Lemon juice by itself may not be the best home remedy for teeth whitening as the acidity can weaken teeth. Surprisingly enough, strawberries fall into the same acidic category. They are natural whiteners; simply rub them directly on your teeth or mash into a paste.
4. Another home remedy for teeth whitening is apple cider vinegar. Brushing the teeth every night with vinegar will give you excellent results.
5. Sometimes even with good hygiene, you teeth don't look as glamorous as they should or can. There are a few methods that can be used in order to make that smile of yours a bit whiter. The main one is buying teeth whitening products from a retail store, which is the choice of most.
6. Nicotine sinks into the teeth and actually becomes an intrinsic stain. Anyone who smokes for very long can expect deep, hard-to-remove stains.
7. OTC Whitening products like Crest White Strips or Aquafresh Whitening Trays are by far the most convenient and least expensive option available. They are typically an even lower concentration of peroxide than the professional kits, which means it takes more time wearing them.
-- Read About home remedy Also Read About treatment for teeth whitening and treatment for toothache