Dengue fever is a type of arbovirus, which is short for arthropod-borne virus. The virus that causes dengue fever is carried by Aedes egypti mosquitoes, and is transmitted to humans through their bite. An organism that carries a disease, without actually developing the disease, is called a vector.
Dengue fever is a disease caused by one of a number of viruses that are carried by mosquitoes. These mosquitoes then transmit the virus to humans.
O'nyong-nyong fever; Dengue-like disease; Break bone fever.
SYMPTOMS OF DENGUE FEVER:
* Muscle aches (myalgia)
* Joint aches (arthralgia)
* Enlarged lymph nodes
TREATMENT OF DENGUE FEVER:
There is no specific treatment for dengue or dengue hemorrhagic fever. However, supportive care with intravenous fluids and frequent blood test monitoring reduces complications of the disease. In severe cases, blood transfusions may be required.
* Antipyretics (avoid aspirin)
PREVERNTIVE MEASURES FOR DENGUE FEVER:
* Monitor blood pressure, hematocrit, platelet count, level of consciousness
Continue monitoring after defervescence
* Dengue fever can be prevented through measures to prevent mosquito breeding around the house and to protect against mosquito bites.
* Precautions include wearing long-sleeved clothes, using mosquito coils and electric vapour mats, and using insect repellent over the exposed parts of the body.
* Adoption of good daily habits such as clearing blockages from the roof gutter, clearing leaves and stagnant water from drains, removing water from potted plants daily, avoiding the use of pot plates and changing the water in vases everyday will also help to eliminate the chances of mosquito breeding.
HERBS FOR DENGUE FEVER:
* Guaiacum officinalis to reduce fever
* Chickweed ointment to soothe irritable rash
NATURAL HOME REMEDIES FOR DENGUE FEVER:
Normal dengue fever is not that dangerous. The symptom-based treatment should be resorted to i.e., wet pads could be used if the temperature is high. Antidotes could be administered as per the necessity. Pain-killers should not be given to the patient of hemorrhagic dengue. Pain-killers tend to increase hemorrhage. Maintaining the water balance of the body and controlling the blood pressure of the patient is also necessary.
The treatment given for the patients of normal fever and malaria is applicable for the dengue fever also.
* Mix 3 spoons of baking soda with a little water; smear on sting.
* Rub the afflicted area with the inside of a banana skin.
* Put ice on the spot immediately after being stung.
* Apply tea tree oil on the sting.
* Put some toothpaste on the bite (not on the skin).
* Squeeze basil leaves and apply on sting.
* Rub some lemon on the sting.
* Saturate a cotton ball in vinegar and put on the sting.
* To get rid of mosquitoes: Drip 3 drops of geranium oil into a burner.
Plz also visit:http://www.herbsandcures.com
Article Source: http://www.articlealley.com/http://iliyaspatel.articlealley.com/herbs-for-dengue-fever-539848.html