Quitting smoking is considered to be the best thing to do to clear your lungs especially if you have been smoking for several years. This allows your lungs to heal itself and expand properly which allows you to breathe effectively. However, allowing your lungs to expand and heal itself is not enough to clear your lungs. There are certain strategies on how to improve and maintain a smoke-free lifestyle.
Garlic. Garlic helps clear excessive mucus in the sinus cavities. It also helps in the excretion of other harmful substances in your skin's pores. This herb contains allicin which aids in clearing lung congestion. It also helps in the prevention of other lung diseases.
Irritants. Avoid other sources of irritants as much as possible. Remember, you are allowing your lungs to heal; those irritants will aggravate and will add more strain to your lungs.
Natural alternatives. There are certain herbs which you can use to have clearer lungs.
- Lobelia - this herb can be rolled and smoked to clear out and soothe the lungs. This herb also comes in a supplement form which also helps in decreasing your desire for tobacco.
- Ginger root - this herb comes in two forms: tablet or supplement form. This contains the substance, 6-gingerol, which in nature clears the lungs which helps in the expulsion of toxins and mucus.
- Carrots and sweet potatoes - these help in the prevention of bronchial diseases and aid in the breathing process.
- Horehound - this herb helps to loosen phlegm.
- Mullein, uva ursi and coltsfoot - these herbs are helpful in the treatment of smoker's lungs when used together.
- Nettle - this herb also helps to remove phlegm. It is used as a tea together with mullein which comforts the lungs which soothes the irritated lung tissue.
- Thyme - this herb helps clear the lungs and relaxes the bronchial tubes in your body.
- Broccoli - this helps prevent cancer and helps the immune system to clean harmful bacteria from the lungs.
Location. Stay away from a polluted environment. Find a place like the countryside where pollution is not very rampant.
Breathing exercises. Practice deep breathing exercises everyday because this compresses the walls of your lungs which allow you to exhale a little air.
Exercise. Exercises such as yoga, pilates, swimming, and other cardio workouts help in building up lung muscles.
These strategies aid in the improvement of healthier and clearer lungs. However a healthy and clear lung can be attained if you maintain a smoke-free life with proper diet and exercise. Living healthy and choosing to be healthy could be a great challenge but its benefits are really rewarding.
To find out more detailed information on how to Clear Out Your Lungs, click the link below.