Heart disease is considered as the number one cause of death in the United States, but it really does not mean that you have to admit it as your destiny. Even though you lack the control to change some of the risk factors of heart disease such as family history, age or sex etc., you can take some heart disease prevention steps and live a worry free life.
You can prevent heart diseases in your future by adopting a healthy way of life at present. Below are the five tips to prevent heart disease-
1. Exercise daily for 30 minutes: Getting certain regular, exercise can lessen your risk of deadly heart diseases. When you combine some physical activities with a healthy lifestyle, for example preserving a healthy weight, then the payoff will be even better.
2. Avoid smoking and tobacco: Smoking and tobacco are the menace and help in developing a heart complexities. Tobacco contains some chemicals that can harm your blood vessels and heart. It may also result in Atherosclerosis (narrowing of the arteries), which will ultimately cause heart attacks. Similarly, the nicotine in the cigarette smoke makes your heart work tougher by narrowing blood vessels, increase blood pressure, and heart beats speed.
3. Maintaining healthy weight: The extra weight will increase your chances of getting heart problems, high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol. One method to know about your excess weight is to analyze your BMI (body mass index). It considers your height and weight in defining whether you are healthy or overweight. Another way is to determine your healthy weight is weight circumference. Generally, a man is considered overweight if his waist measurement is more than 40 inches and for women it is 35 inches.
4. Eat a healthy diet: Eating a special diet means eating foods that are low in fat, salt and cholesterol and rich in vegetables, fruits, low-fat milk products and whole grains. Off-putting certain kind of fats such as saturated, monounsaturated, polyunsaturated and trans fat is beneficial, as this increases risk of coronary artery disease by increasing the cholesterol levels. On the other hand, the omega3 fatty acid is beneficial in reducing your threat of heart attack, irregular heartbeats and reduced blood pressure.
5. Get regular health checkup: High cholesterol and high blood pressure can harm your blood vessels and heart. However, both do not have any significant symptom with which you can identify that you are suffering from them. Only a regular checkup can acknowledge you about what your numbers are and whether you require some treatment.
The above tips will help you a lot in your heart disease prevention and help you in avoiding heart related problems. However, in case if you have developed some symptoms of heart disease, your doctor will suggest you some heart disease treatments. Heart diseases are silent hence, you will not feel any symptom until it is too late. It is always beneficial to consult the physician regularly to keep track of our health and diseases to live a healthy life.
Global Meds Canada is the world's best online Canadian Pharmacy offering quality medications with Guaranteed Lowest Prices. It's smart and easy. Purchase your medications from our authorized Canada drug stores, including brand, generic, over-the-counter and Pet Medications. GlobalMedsCanada is a licensed Canadian pharmacy and certified by
Pharmacy Checker. Visit our blog regularly and know information on various health problems, diseases and medications online.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dale_R_Watson