Saturday, September 28, 2013

5 Natural Remedies For Vertigo That Really Work

Vertigo is a specific type of dizziness, a sensation of spinning when your balance is disturbed. Vertigo is usually associated with disturbances in the inner ears balance mechanisms. The most common symptoms of vertigo are nausea, vomiting, a spinning sensation, loss of balance or sweating. Vertigo is a symptom and not a disease and can result from a variety of health problems. While mild vertigo is common and normally harmless, continuous and persistent vertigo requires you to seek medical attention immediately. I had vertigo for many years and I know it can be really annoying. Sometimes suddenly I saw stars flying in front my eyes and followed was the weirdest headache and nausea. It used to take hours for it to go away. I even went to doctors for that problem and they sent me to the lab to take a bunch of tests and found nothing special. After that I was searching for the solutions myself on the internet, trying a lot of home remedies and finally these are the top natural remedies for vertigo that really work for me:
Exercise: Yes, lazy folks, you will have to move a bit here. I was quite lazy with doing exercises back then and since I start to move more, the problem has decreased a lot. In fact I have been practising some physical therapy found in a great book about curing vertigo and it has been the best therapy ever and cured most of my vertigo and that weird "flying stars" headache. I always feel very relaxed and energetic again after doing this therapy. I showed it to my grandpa also and since he started practicing it, he told me his headache and neck pain were totally gone.
Relax: avoid any quick body movements when you have a vertigo attack. Tension in the muscles around eyes, ears, the body line from the top of your head to your pelvic bone can also result in vertigo. Lie down in a comfortable position and release your muscles. Try to avoid any stress and have enough of sleep every day.
Ginger and ginkgo biloba: this has been very helpful to me when having a vertigo attack. Even though when I don't have that much vertigo problem any more, I still use them once in a while, especially in cold winter days because I have very low blood pressure. In fact what I normally do is to always have some fresh ginger in my kitchen and make a ginger tea myself everyday. The tea is very simple: put some fresh cut ginger slices into a cup of hot water, add 1 or 2 teaspoons of sugar or honey and voila, your ginger tea is ready!
Diet: diet is very important in curing any health problem. Avoid caffeine, nicotine, drugs, alcohol or try to avoid as much as you can. I have been trying to drink much less in those after work parties and drink more herbal tea instead of coffee.
Taking supplements: I used to take only vitamin C before but now I have been taking calcium, vitamin B6, vitamin B3 also. I also noticed my skin has become a lot better and look healthier since I started to take these.
These 5 natural remedies have been working great to me, especially the physical therapy. It also cures my stiff shoulders so I cannot be happier.
If you want to have a complete understanding about your vertigo problem, detailed natural treatment and even a list of expensive and dangerous prescription drugs to avoid, please visit http://vertigonaturalremedies.iblogger.org.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2300328