If you have decided to take the natural path through menopause and are trying to choose from the vast array of herbal and natural remedies for menopause symptoms that are available, it can be very difficult to know which one is right for you and which one will be the most effective.
During your selection process, you need to weigh up the pros and cons of all options based on your own medical history and your own particular menopause symptoms.
To help you in this process, here are the Top 5 herbs and natural ingredients, proven to relieve menopausal symptoms. These remedies have not only undergone extensive clinical studies to measure their effectiveness as natural treatments for menopause and peri-menopause symptoms but have received positive reviews from significant numbers of real women who have benefitted from their use:
1. Black Cohosh (Cimicifuga racemosa) is a perennial plant that is native to North America and was traditionally used in Indian medicine. It has been used for many years as a remedy to provide support for female gynecological health and also supports the nervous system. This ingredient helps to reduce common hot flashes associated with menopause, maintain healthy sleep patterns and supports balanced mood and routine calmness. Black Cohosh may also help to prevent vaginal dryness in some women.
2. Dong Quai (Angelica sinensis) one of the most important of the Chinese tonic herbs, is used as a nourishing blood tonic and helps to support healthy menstrual cycles. Dong Quai has been used for centuries by Asian healers to promote balance of female hormones and emotional health during menopause and peri-menopause. Dong Quai is proven to relieve the symptoms of menopause, plus correct hormonal imbalance.
3. Maidenhair Tree (Ginkgo biloba) Researchers have studied the benefits of Ginkgo biloba in supporting all phases involved in sexual desire. An open study on 63 subjects found that the percentage of women responding to the benefits of Ginkgo biloba was higher than that of men, with relative success rates of 91%! Ginkgo biloba was reported to have a positive effect on all four phases of the sexual response cycle: desire, excitement (lubrication), orgasm, and resolution (afterglow).
4. Sepia (Sepia officinalis) is prepared from the dark brownish-grey colored pigment obtained from the ink sac of the common cuttlefish and is used to cure number of health problems, especially those related to women's reproductive organs. Sepia is proven to maintain hormonal balance, regular normal periods and balanced mood.
5. Wild Yam (Dioscorea villosa) is a natural menopause treatment for regulating hormones and is used to help with mood swings, irritability and depression. When combined with other natural ingredients such as Red Aloe, Lady's Mantle, Essential Oils and Vitamin E, it forms a natural female lubricant to help prevent vaginal dryness and increase lubrication and elasticity of the vagina.
All of these natural remedies, either on their own or combined with other herbs and natural ingredients, have proven effective in the treatment of menopause and peri-menopause symptoms such as:
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Mood swings & irritability
- Loss of libido
- Vaginal dryness
- Heavy or irregular periods
If you suffer from all or any of the menopausal symptoms on this list, you can look out for these herbs and natural ingredients when researching which product to use.
Although these natural remedies are considered safe and have proven to be effective in relieving the symptoms of menopause, you should always consult your doctor or other health care professional before using any herbal remedy, especially if you are taking medication, have a life-threatening illness or have had breast cancer.
Linda Ord is a menopause 'survivor' whose mission is to empower and enlighten other women suffering through menopause, by providing them with the information, resources, tips and techniques they need to enable them to regain control of their bodies and minds and get their lives back on track. Be sure to visit Linda at http://www.realmenopausesolutions.com where you will find proven, natural and safe remedies, therapies and techniques for relieving menopausal symptoms that have already benefited thousands of women worldwide. Free reports, videos, articles and more.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Linda_T._Ord
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7510586