HERBAL FACIAL TIPS
FACIAL AND SKIN CARE:
* Daily skin and facial care is much more effective in making us look beautiful than any cosmetics in the world. Here we are going to discuss some of the tips and tricks that we can use to make us look younger and more beautiful without spending too much of extra time and money:
* Get a quick facial at home by splashing the face with lots of warm water and then massaging it with olive oil to moisturize the skin. Use a half-teaspoon of sugar for scrubbing your face and keep rubbing it until it melts away. Wipe off your face with a warm, wet cloth.
* Use the toning mixture of equal parts of water and vinegar and dissolve few aspirins in it twice a day to counter any aging signs in your face. Vinegar flakes off dead skin cells while aspirin is a superb anti-acne product and is also effective on deep acne spots. However, it tends to make skin thinner like store bought toner and so sun block with at least SPF 15 should be used essentially everyday.
* Wash the face several times a day and wipe off with a clean cloth to keep acne off the oily skin.
* If the eyes look puffy or swollen, wash the face and cover the eyes with sliced potatoes or cucumbers for a few minutes. This is really effective in the morning.
* Olive oil works well as face and eye makeup remover.
* Clean the nails with white vinegar before applying nail polish for a smoother finish and make it last longer.
* Olive oil mixed with melted beeswax is a great lip balm.
FACE MASK TREATMENTS:
Apply whole egg mayonnaise on the face (right from the jar) for about 20 minutes. Rinse with cool water. Great skin care treatment.
* PEACH & BRANDY:
Mash up a peach (use ripe, canned or frozen) and mix in a tablespoon of brandy. Leave it on for 20 minutes, then rinse off.
* TOMATO MASK:
For oily skin, mash up a ripe tomato and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse with warm (not hot) water.
* BANANA MASK:
Mash up a very ripe banana. Add just enough honey to make a soft pulp. Apply over face and hair. This is such a great firming mask that aging movie stars have been known to put it in the cups of their bras to make their breasts "perky." (Just make sure that you don't use too much honey and you use a sturdy bra.)
* HONEY MASK:
Apply pure honey (straight from the bottle) to your face and neck. Allow it to set until dry (about 15 minutes). Rinse with very warm water.
* MILK OF MAGNESIAl:
Apply it straight from the bottle. Let it dry for about five to ten minutes. Rinse off with warm water, and then gently pat your face dry with a fluffy towel.
* PEPTO BISMOL:
This is a face mask particularly suited for those with sensitive skin. In the same way that this product coats the stomach, it gently caresses the face. Apply it straight from the bottle, using a cotton swab. Allow to dry, and then rinse with cool water.
NATURAL FACE MASKS:
There are many face masks that can be made at home. Natural ingredients you may have in your fridge can be used to make some of the best face masks. Fruit masks are particularly good for oily skin. Try some of these to keep your skin nourished.
* Mash banana with honey and apply to your skin. Leave for ten minutes.
* Combine cucumber and yoghurt. Add some honey if you wish. Leave for twenty minutes.
* Mash avocado and apply to your face. Leave for twenty minutes. This is a good face mask for dry skin. You can also add honey.
* Mix strawberries with honey. Leave on your skin for fifteen minutes.
* Mash some grapes and apply to your skin. Add some oat meal or almond meal for more texture.
* Haldi face masks combine turmeric with rose water or milk. It is also supposed to reduce the appearance of fine hair. A haldi face mask is not suitable for people with sensitive skin.
FACE MASKS FOR DRY SKIN:
* Egg Yolk & Honey Mask:
Take 1 tablespoon honey, 1 egg yolk, 1/2 teaspoon almond oil and 1 tablespoon yogurt. Mix together and apply on face. Honey smoothes the skin, egg and almond oil moisturize, and yogurt refines and tightens pores. Leave for 20 mints to half an hour.
* Banana Face Mask:
Mash 1/4 ripe banana and mix with half a cup natural yogurt and 1 tablespoon of honey. Apply this pack on face and neck and leave for 20 minutes and then rinse off.
* Olive oil and Egg Mask:
Mix 1 egg yolk with 1 tbsp. olive oil & 1 tbsp. plain yogurt. Apply on face and leave for 20 minutes.
FACE MASKS FOR OILY SKIN:
* Egg Yolk, Avocado & Mud Facial Mask:
Buy fuller's earth mud / clay from any health store. Mix 1 tablespoon dry clay, 1 egg yolk, 1/4 of a mashed avocado and enough witch hazel to create a smooth mixture. Mud dries excess sebum while Witch hazel tones the skin.
* Lemon Face Mask:
Mix 1 tbsp. lemon juice with 1/4 cup ground oatmeal and 1 tbsp. yogurt. Apply on face and leave for 20 minutes, then wash off with warm water.
FACE MASK FOR NORMAL SKIN:
* Turmeric Mask:
Take some turmeric powder, and mix with gram flour and rose water. Apply on face for 20 minutes and then wash off with water.
* Homemade Clay Mask:
Clay masks hydrate and tone your skin. Take some fuller's earth clay, 1 tsp honey, water. Mix together and apply on face. Wash off after 20 minutes.
FACE MASK FOR COMBINATION SKIN:
* Rose Water Mask:
Take some natural rose water or crushed rose petals; mix with natural yoghurt, honey and some water. Apply on face and wash off after 15 minutes.
FACE MASK FOR SENSITIVE SKIN:
* Oatmeal Face Mask:
This soothing mask is great for chapped, sunburned or irritated. Take 1 cup natural yogurt, honey and ½ cup oatmeal. Mix the ingredients together & apply on face for 15 minutes.
FACE MASKS FOR AGING SKIN
* Sugar mask:
This mask works well for ageing and maturing skin that uses sugar, since it is a natural exfoliant and will help soften the lines and wrinkles on face. Take 2 spoons powdered sugar, 4 tbsp warm water and dissolve. Apply to the face and leave for 10 minutes. Gently massage and wash off.
* Banana Mask for wrinkles:
Mash 1/4 banana until it is very smooth. Apply on face and leave for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Then use cold water to close the pores.
* Egg White Mask:
Simply apply egg white on face covering all the wrinkles and fine lines. Wash off after half an hour.
GENERAL FACIAL TIPS:
* Wash the face twice a day to avoid breakouts and zits.
* DO take a shower at least every day (every other day is alright too)
* DO NOT eat too many greasy foods
* DO use products like Neutrogena Pore Clarifying Treatment.
* DO use masks.
* DO use zit creams like Clearasil, Oxy.
* DO use water based foundation as opposed to oil-based.
Plz also visit:http://www.herbsandcures.com
Article Source: http://www.articlealley.com/http://iliyaspatel.articlealley.com/herbal-facial-tips-539846.html